Friends of the Library Meetings
Board meetings are held on the second Saturday of the month at 10 AM and are open to all Friends members. Meetings are currently being held via Zoom due to Covid restrictions. Contact the library for more information.
The Friends General Membership Annual Meeting will be Saturday, January 30, 2021, at 10 AM via Zoom. Click here to register.
Book Sales and Donations
A selection of used books and media are available for purchase in the lobby of the library during the library's open hours.
Book donations are limited to two grocery bags per patron due to Covid-19 restrictions.
The Friends accept donations of 'gently' used books, text books, DVD videos, music CDs, and audiobooks.
Bring your donations to the Circulation Desk. If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please note how many items you are donating.
Sorry, but we cannot accept:
- Books that are damaged, mildewed, stained, or musty
- Reader's Digest Condensed books
- Encyclopedia sets
- VHS or cassette tapes
- Magazines older than 3 months
For more information please contact the library at 734-699-3291.
About the Friends
The Friends of the Library are organized to support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for our community. We do this by sponsoring programs and providing financial support.
We have raised funds by:
- Collecting and selling used books
- Membership dues
- Art show fundraisers
- Sale of Friends merchandise
The funds are used for:
- Building enhancements
- Adult and youth programming
- Outdoor book return
- Other building improvements
The benefits of becoming a member:
- Purchase used books at any time rather than just at book sales
- Be involved at any level you wish, either financially or actively
- Help support the importance of reading
- Bring new ideas and encouragement to the team
- Help ensure the success of the library
Current Board Members
President: Katerina Tyner
Vice-President: Donna Gilkey-Lavin
Secretary: Rika Regentin
Treasurer: Manuel Lavin