Updated Expanded Service
As a result of the lifting of the State of Michigan’s epidemic orders on June 22, the library has begun the process of fully reopening, including reinstating all services and facilities that have been unavailable over the past months. Patrons are invited but no longer required to wear masks in the library. Lounge seating and study tables are available throughout the library, and the study rooms are open for use. Computers are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Office services such as faxing, scanning, printing, and copying are available, and we will begin charging for printing and copying on July 1.
- Patrons are invited -- but not required -- to wear masks in the building.
- If you are feeling under the weather or have been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please do not enter the library. We would be happy to provide you with materials via curbside pickup!
- Computers are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Lounge seating and study tables are available throughout the building.
- The Quiet Study Room and Second Floor Terrace are open to the public.
- The 2 and 4 person Study Rooms are open.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces will occur throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting spray are available throughout the library.
Beginning on July 1:
- The library will once again charge for printing and copies: $.10/page for black and white, $.25/page for color.
- Group study rooms will be available for use, and the reservation system will be turned on.
- The current issue of magazines will be for library use only. Back issues will still be available for checkout.
- Meeting rooms will be available for booking by community organizations.
- In-person library programs. See individual program descriptions for their locations!
Curbside Pickup Continues
You may pick up books and other library items curbside. The library’s mobile printing service is also available curbside
- To arrange pick-up of library items, place your holds using the library catalog or by calling the library (734-699-3291). Once your holds are ready you will receive a hold notification. Please call the library to arrange your pickup.
- To use the library’s mobile print service, visit https://www.belleville.lib.mi.us/services/mobile-printing-main-library/
Items may be returned at main library (167 Fourth St.) or the Sumpter Media Center (23465 Sumpter Rd).
- Materials may now be returned indoors or outdoors in our 24-hour book return at either building.
- We are no longer quarantining materials.
How do I contact the library?
Can I copy or fax at the library?
How do I return my books?
Are you doing curbside hold pickup?
What is my PIN number?
I returned an item, but it’s still on my account!
Can I get items through MeLCat?
Are you doing any programming online?
Some of my books have become “Lost”. What do I do?
My library card has expired. What should I do?
I don't have a library card. Can I get one?