Grab and Go Service is Now Available!
You may quickly browse through the library’s collections on both the first and second floors. Fax, Scan, mobile printing and Copy services are available in the library’s lobby! Limited computers are available by appointment for one hour or using our express computers.
- Face masks are required and must be worn over the nose and mouth. The library will provide you with a mask if you forget your mask at home.
- Six foot social distancing is required. Floor decals will help you in keeping your distance.
- Do not enter the library if you are sick or caring for someone who is sick. If you are sick or have been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, do not enter the library.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes due to limited occupancy rules in place.
- Visitors may have to wait outside if the library is at full occupancy.
- Current hours at the Main Library: Monday -- Thursday, 10 am – 9 pm. Friday & Saturday, 10 am -- 6 pm.
- Current hours at the Sumpter Media Center: Monday, Wednesday, & Saturday 10 am -- 3 pm and Tuesday & Thursday, 3 pm -- 8 pm.
- Express computers are available on a first-come-first-served basis. One hour computers are available by appointment only.
- Seats, study tables, and meeting rooms are not available at this time.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces will occur throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting spray are available throughout the library.
Curbside Pickup Continues
You may pick up books and other library items curbside. The library’s mobile printing service is also available curbside
- To arrange pick-up of library items, place your holds using the library catalog or by calling the library (734-699-3291). Once your holds are ready you will receive a hold notification. Please call the library to arrange your pickup.
- To use the library’s mobile print service, visit https://www.belleville.lib.mi.us/services/mobile-printing-main-library/
Please return your items in the 24-hour outdoor book return, located to the right of the main entry.
Items may also be returned in the book return at the Sumpter Media Center (23465 Sumpter Rd).
- Items are being quarantined for 24 hours once they are returned.
- Items will remain on your account until the quarantine period is over.
- Please note that we are a fine free library, and your account will not be penalized for this delay.
How do I contact the library?
Can I copy or fax at the library?
Should I return my books?
Are you doing curbside hold pickup?
What is my PIN number?
I returned an item, but it’s still on my account!
When can I get items through MeLCat?
Are you doing any programming online?
Some of my books have become “Lost” while you’ve been closed. What do I do?
My library card has expired. What should I do?
I don't have a library card. Can I get one?