As vaccination numbers rise and infection rates fall, we are expanding our available services! We have lifted time limits for visits, and are now offering limited seating for patron use. Computers are available on a first-come-first-served basis; no appointments required! Office services such as faxing, scanning, and printing continue to be available at both locations.
- Face masks are still required for all patrons and staff, and must be worn over the nose and mouth. The library will provide you with a mask if you forget your mask at home.
- Six-foot social distancing is required. Floor decals will help you in keeping your distance.
- Do not enter the library if you are sick or caring for someone who is sick. If you are sick or have been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, do not enter the library.
- The library is limited to 50% occupancy at this time. Visitors may have to wait outside if the library is at full occupancy.
- Computers are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Limited lounge seating and study tables are available throughout the building. However, meeting and study rooms are not available at this time.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces will occur throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting spray are available throughout the library.
Curbside Pickup Continues
You may pick up books and other library items curbside. The library’s mobile printing service is also available curbside
- To arrange pick-up of library items, place your holds using the library catalog or by calling the library (734-699-3291). Once your holds are ready you will receive a hold notification. Please call the library to arrange your pickup.
- To use the library’s mobile print service, visit https://www.belleville.lib.mi.us/services/mobile-printing-main-library/
Items may be returned at main library (167 Fourth St.) or the Sumpter Media Center (23465 Sumpter Rd).
- Materials may now be returned indoors or outdoors in our 24-hour book return at either building.
- We are no longer quarantining materials.
How do I contact the library?
Can I copy or fax at the library?
How do I return my books?
Are you doing curbside hold pickup?
What is my PIN number?
I returned an item, but it’s still on my account!
Can I get items through MeLCat?
Are you doing any programming online?
Some of my books have become “Lost”. What do I do?
My library card has expired. What should I do?
I don't have a library card. Can I get one?