Information about the new Belleville Area District Library building, including aerial views and floor plans.
Updated Floor Plans (7-6-2017):
Note: At the February 14, 2017, Library Board meeting, the board voted to enter into contract negotiations with O'Neal Construction, Inc.
Construction Manager Fee Proposals
Construction Manager Proposals
Library Conceptual Plans
- Aerial Views, Street Views and Floor Plans
- Location, Details for Proposed Ballot, and Background Information
October 2016 Library Forum Information
Ballot Language (2016)
Library Operations and Building Survey Results
- At last!! We have received our temporary certificate of occupancy and will be open for business beginning Saturday, February 29, immediately following the Book Brigade which takes place at Noon. Join us at Noon to move the last books from the old building to the new library. Please pardon our dust as we still have some ongoing building related projects to finish up and as our staff gets used to our new home. Book Brigade FlyerRead More »
- The library will be closed beginning January 17, 2020 in order to move the books, shelving, technology, etc. into the new library building. The library will reopen the week of February 24. Every effort will be made to keep our closed time to a minimum. The Sumpter Branch will be open (23465 Sumpter Rd), and you may visit our neighboring libraries for service. LibraryMoveFlyerRead More »
- As we near completion of the main library and the Sumpter Media Center, we are honing in on our schedule for opening both buildings. Construction, furnishing, etc. is ongoing, so some of our dates are still tentative. If dates change, we will post the updates on this website. Monday, January 13, 2020 @ 10 am: Sumpter Media Center Ribbon Cutting CeremonyJoin us at the media center on 23465 Sumpter Rd., Belleville MI 48111 for a ribbon cutting ceremony, followed by … Read MoreRead More »
- Brickwork is almost done and windows are being installed in the new main library. We anticipate opening in late January/early February. Much needs to be done between now and then, including painting walls, and installing millwork, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, carpeting, tile, and shelving. In order to install our computers and move the books from the current library, we will need to close for a few weeks, but we hope to keep this time to a minimum. I cannot give … Read MoreRead More »
- If you have been to the library recently, you have seen the construction fencing, large excavation equipment, holes being dug, utility lines being rerouted, etc. All of us are getting used to finding new routes to the library now that 4th Street is closed as well as new places to park. “Please pardon our dust” has become more than just an expression! Once all of the utilities (storm sewers, water lines, gas, electrical, etc.) have been relocated and foundations have … Read MoreRead More »