Expanded Grab and Go services are now available! You may quickly browse through the library’s 1st and 2nd floor collections: New books, audiobooks, DVDS, children’s materials, fiction, non-fiction, and teen books. Fax, Scan, and Copy services are available in the library’s lobby. A limited number of 2nd floor computers are available by appointment (one hour per day). Three express computers are available for quick jobs.
Current hours: Mondays and Thursdays, 11 am – 8 pm; Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays, 11 am – 6 pm.
- Face masks are required and must be worn over the nose and mouth. The library will provide you with a mask if you forget your mask at home.
- Six foot social distancing is required. Floor decals will help you in keeping your distance.
- Do not enter the library if you are sick or caring for someone who is sick. If you are sick or have been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, do not enter the library.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes due to limited occupancy rules in place.
- Visitors may have to wait outside if the library is at full occupancy.
- Seats, study tables, meeting rooms, and computers are not available at this time.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces will occur throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting spray are available throughout the library.
The Sumpter Media Center (23465 Sumpter Rd) is now open on Mondays from 11 am – 4 pm and Thursdays from 3 pm – 8 pm. A limited number of computers are available by appointment and one express computer is available. You may pick up holds and return your items here. See above regarding masks, etc.
Mobile Print Service. Call the library (734-699-3291) or visit: https://www.belleville.lib.mi.us/services/mobile-printing-main-library/
Curbside Pickup continues. You may pick up books and other library items curbside. Call the library for more information (734-699-3291).
Returning Books: Please return your items in the outdoor book return, located to the right of the main entry. The book return is open 24/7. Items may also be returned in the book return at the Sumpter Media Center (23465 Sumpter Rd).
- Items are being quarantined for 72 hours once they are returned.
- Items will remain on your account until the quarantine period is over. Please note that we are a fine free library, and your account will not be penalized for this delay.
Online Programming: We are offering storytimes, book clubs, and guest speakers! Check out our Events calendar at belleville.evanced.info/signup
Digital Content: E-books, e-audiobooks, streaming video, Ancestry.com access and more! Visit the library’s website at www.belleville.lib.mi.us
Current Updates and Accurate Information Regarding 2019 Coronavirus COVID-19
Helpful and Informative Links to Local and National Resources
Wayne County Health Division-2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID -19) Information
WHO Coronavirus Q&A - the World Health Organization provides straightforward answers to common questions about coronavirus.
Michigan Coronavirus - the state website contains general information about the virus as well as Michigan-specific information, including the number of confirmed cases.
Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation - this U.S. Department of Health and Human Services fact sheet explains social distancing and suggests ways to cope and support oneself during such an experience.
MedlinePlus Coronavirus Information - this U.S. National Library of Medicine page includes a wealth of information about the virus and is explained in plain language.
CDC Coronavirus Information - the Center for Disease control page includes information for individuals as well as communities, schools, businesses, and healthcare professionals.
NIH Coronavirus and Alternative Treatments - the National Institutes of Health has issued a warning about "alternative" treatments for COVID-19.
WHO Mythbusters - the World Health Organization provides factual information in response to myths and rumors circulating on social media.
NewsGuard Coronavirus Misinformation Tracking Center - fact-checking organization NewsGuard provides a list of websites publishing false information about coronavirus, organized by country.
Local School Districts