2018 Preschool Read-to-Me Program
Come enjoy special performers who will inspire your children to participate in summer reading! Children who sign up beginning June 1st for the Read-to-Me Program are encouraged to attend special events at the Library. These programs will begin on June 20th, last about 40 minutes and take place in the Program Room on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
When you register for the Read-to-Me Program, you will be given a sheet of tickets. Beginning on June 11th, you will be able to redeem one ticket each week for a prize when you come to the library.
2018 Elementary-Age Reader Program
Are you an elementary school-aged student reading on your own? Join us for “Libraries Rock” and take home great prizes!
How? Register at the Library, beginning Friday, June 1st, and keep track of the books you read from the Belleville Area District Library on your Reading Record. You will be responsible for adding the titles of books you’ve read to your Record, which will be available under your registered name and kept at the Library. Start collecting Prizes on June 11th. You get prizes for reading 10, 20, and 30 books (you may opt to count each title as one book or you may count every fifty pages you read as a “book” so don’t shy away from trying a longer book).
Read and Collect Prizes!
10 Books – Prize, Certificate & Entry into Grand Prize Drawing of 2 Cedar Point Tickets
20 Books – Prize & Certificate
30 Books – Prize, Certificate & Free Book
2018 Teen Summer Program
Registration and sign-up for programs will begin in person on June 1st.
Participants must have completed the fifth grade.
Ok, I’ve registered. Now what do I do?
1) Sign up for the programs you are interested in attending. (See next panel for descriptions.)
2) Check out books from the Belleville Area District Library.
4) Record the books you have read on your Reading Record. Begin collecting prizes on June 11th.
5) Take your Reading Record back to the library, choose a prize, and ask a staff member to stamp your reading record. After you have read EACH book, you are eligible for a free prize OR book of your choice.
6) Repeat Steps 1-5 until you’ve filled up your Reading Record.
7) Keep reading, and don’t lose your Reading Record because you only get one! You need it to collect prizes.
8) The Grand Prize Giveaway of two Cedar Point Tickets will take place at the last program on July 23rd.
*Remember: If you are reading a book with more than 500 pages, it counts as