Information about the new Belleville Area District Library building, including aerial views and floor plans.
Updated Floor Plans (7-6-2017):
Note: At the February 14, 2017, Library Board meeting, the board voted to enter into contract negotiations with O'Neal Construction, Inc.
Construction Manager Fee Proposals
Construction Manager Proposals
Library Conceptual Plans
- Aerial Views, Street Views and Floor Plans
- Location, Details for Proposed Ballot, and Background Information
October 2016 Library Forum Information
Ballot Language (2016)
Library Operations and Building Survey Results
- If you have been to the library recently, you have seen the construction fencing, large excavation equipment, holes being dug, utility lines being rerouted, etc. All of us are getting used to finding new routes to the library now that 4th Street is closed as well as new places to park. “Please pardon our dust” has become more than just an expression! Once all of the utilities (storm sewers, water lines, gas, electrical, etc.) have been relocated and foundations have … Read MoreRead More »
- Thank you to all of you who attended our groundbreaking ceremony last Saturday to celebrate the start of library construction. Although the day was rainy and windy, as true Michiganders, we took it in stride. Now the real digging will begin. The library will hold two construction question and answer sessions on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at Noon and at 6:30 pm. Representatives from O’Neal Construction Inc. and Daniels & Zermack Architects will be on hand to answer your questions … Read MoreRead More »
- The City of Belleville Planning Commission’s Sept. 14th unanimous vote for site plan approval for the new Belleville Area District Library (BADL) building is deeply appreciated by the entire library community. On behalf of the BADL, I continue to shout HOORAY! This is not only a big step for the new library process, but also an important expression of partnership within the library district. The BADL Board, along with our design team of Daniels and Zermack Architects, O’Neal Construction and … Read MoreRead More »
- “So, when is groundbreaking?” Well…… The two months since our last building update has consisted mostly of meetings, meetings, and more meetings: meetings with the architect, meetings with the Building Committee, meetings with utility companies, and meetings with library vendors. We are working on finalizing the floorplan and footprint for the new building. The geotechnical engineers have done soil borings. The environmental engineers have been out to test for lead and asbestos. The project engineers have drawn up plans for … Read MoreRead More »