- “So, when is groundbreaking?” Well…… The two months since our last building update has consisted mostly of meetings, meetings, and more meetings: meetings with the architect, meetings with the Building Committee, meetings with utility companies, and meetings with library vendors. We are working on finalizing the floorplan and footprint for the new building. The geotechnical engineers have done soil borings. The environmental engineers have been out to test for lead and asbestos. The project engineers have drawn up plans for … Read MoreRead More »
- You are invited to attend an informal town hall meeting to update you about the library’s developing plans for the new downtown library, proposed utility relocations, and timeline. The town hall will take place on Tuesday, July 18, 2017, at 6 pm at Belleville First United Methodist Church, 417 Charles Street (across the street from the library). For more details about the new library, you may visit our New Library page.Read More »
- The turtle is my favorite symbol. Turtles of the world adorn my home. “Slow and steady wins the race” is my motto. So it is that the Belleville Area District Library community is well into the “turtle phase” of our new library building project! We are making steady progress, but admittedly it is a bit slower than most of us would want. In truth, we have to “lay the foundation” with the utmost care to detail, so this is … Read MoreRead More »
Information about the new Belleville Area District Library building, including aerial views and floor plans.
Updated Floor Plans (7-6-2017):
Note: At the February 14, 2017, Library Board meeting, the board voted to enter into contract negotiations with O'Neal Construction, Inc.
Construction Manager Fee Proposals
Construction Manager Proposals
Library Conceptual Plans
- Aerial Views, Street Views and Floor Plans
- Location, Details for Proposed Ballot, and Background Information